Favorite 10 Photos from Photo Journalism

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Jason Koole

This is the last day for my photo journalism class. Over the semester, we learned a lot of different things about cameras and more importantly, how to use a camera correctly to get a good photo. The ten photos you see here are a compilation of my ten favorite photos we took over the semester, or what we feel to be the best photos that we took (aside from the photo story).

This was probably the hardest part of the semester in my opinion. Mainly because it was hard to pick photos from over the semester, especially since at the time a lot of these photos were taken, we were still learning a lot about the camera.

The first picture wasn't for this class, but it was a picture of the OutSpoken Group here at WMU.

This second photo was me trying to get two students walking in the same position under the walkway.

The third photo is a photo I took of one of my bass guitars. The reason I picked it is because it shows the texture of the guitar strap really well. I also like it because the colors are bright and vibrant. These elements of design is why I think this photo is good and why I picked it as one of my top ten.

I picked the third photo because of the symmetry. Yes, it is another photo of a guitar, but since playing is sort of a big part of my life, I couldn't help but take some photos of it over the semester.

The fourth photo was a self portrait. I picked it because I felt like I should have a portrait in the final 10. I liked this photo because I felt like it described me. Mysterious and crazy? Maybe.

I picked this photo of the bushes because it showed a lot of lines. I wanted to work on getting certain parts of the plant in focus.

This next one was from the Marmelade Dog convention that goes on at WMU. It's a gaming convention that doesn't get any coverage, even though it goes on every year. Here we see several people sitting around and playing a board game.

This next one was Jeremy on his guitar. He practices for at least four hours everyday. Some people would consider him good. I shot this photo because I was trying to capture his hand motion.

More photos from the convention. People often dress up in different ways for conventions, even for local ones.

Girl at a vending machine. It was the first time we had to get photos of people for the class, and I thought this one turned out pretty well.


Like I said though. In retrospect, I learned a lot over the semester and I think it shows in the final project.

Jason Koole. Powered by Blogger.

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

This Blog is my news journalism blog. At the moment, it is primarily my blog for my Photo Journalism class at WMU.